Dear Luau Goers and Donors!
Wow! Fish in the bathroom. Ten-foot palm trees. A flying shark needing a scissor-lift rescue. And more than 600 generous guests with love in their hearts. What a night. What a wonderful night!
We are excited to share the news from the event.
- Because of you, we raised about $105,000 for epilepsy research!
- Because of you, we could announce the hiring of our second Lily’s Fund Fellow, Brandon Wright.
- Because of you, we will soon announce the availability of “Grace Grants,” named in honor of Grace Penwell, who lives courageously with epilepsy every day, whose story will spark innovative epilepsy research by UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students.
Special Giant Mahalo….
- To our Hula Hosts who brought new people to the luau and made this a record attendance year!
- To over 40 sponsors, for their gifts-in-kind and underwriting that keep the luau affordable for all!
- To our army of 100+ volunteers who have been planning all year, who spent their entire weekend transforming Union South into a tropical paradise!
- To more than 150 auction donors who generously contributed their services, vacations and goods to create the most unique auction ever.
- To our donors and guests, for opening your hearts and joining us in raising awareness and money for epilepsy research.
Some Final Details
- We have t-shirts! If you are interested in purchasing either Seize the Lei (limited sizes left) or Lily’s Fund + You + Heart > epilepsy please email us with design choice and size preference. Cost: $10 + $3.50 for shipping.
- Check out all the photo booth pictures online here. And watch for event photos coming soon.
- If you bought something on luau evening but forgot to check out, we will contact you about how to reconcile.
Join the Luau 2014!
Yep, we are already thinking about it…. Want to help us?
- As a Hula Host who brings 10 people.
- As a sponsor to keep ticket prices low, and research money high.
- As a silent auction donor.
- As a volunteer.
Email us today! Lily’s Fund is unique in that we are 100% run by volunteers….the best volunteers ever! Find out more at www.lilysfund.org
Anne Morgan and David Giroux
Colleen and David Penwell